Monday, November 28, 2016

In answer to someone on YouTube:


I don’t define art. (impossible) I say that artwork which should be classed as fine art has technical and attractive properties which i carefully discuss in my book. As to emotions they all differ among different people. The technical key to fine painting is whether offers an illusion of three dimensions. Where paint looks like little more than un-transformed paint, I maintain as far as fine art is concerned it’s a failure. Or to put it another way, If it looks like it was done by a ten year old the artist has the problem, not the viewer.

 I finished a small pamphlet which will be offered free on Amazon. I don’t advise you to read it as it might mess with your emotions.

I make no excuses for my opinions of  Modern Art (in caps) or what should really be called Official Modern Art. So I  leave you with this defining statement. “Until the three stooges of Modern Art, Cezanne, Picasso and Matisse are re-evaluated, so called Modern Art will become ever more stupid looking and unattractive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment